Calling all DC metro area women job seekers!
Daunted, overwhelmed or frustrated with your job search?
Get the positive boost you need to find the job you LOVE!
LYJ (Love Your Job) Search provides you with 5 weeks of group coaching and 1 one-to-one coaching session so that you can be well on your way toward achieving fantastic, lucrative job opportunities that are right for YOU while enjoying the process along the way.
In this coaching group, you will:
- Do thoughtful exercises to gain clarity on your goals and dreams so you can move more effectively in the right direction.
- Receive one-to-one “career-matchmaking” including job leads, introductions made on your behalf for informational interviews, and access to an extensive network of contacts.
- Understand the power of networking and learn to make better use of your own networks.
- Set weekly job search goals and have a forum for getting through setbacks and celebrating achievements.
- Learn to write a winning resume and cover letters and receive honest feedback.
- See how to interview as your best self and gain salary negotiation tips.
- Gain strategies for how to “attract and allow” success rather than struggle for it.
- In the one-to-one session, you may wish to focus on:
- In-depth writing of your resume to highlight transferable skills and your many accomplishments.
- Mock interviewing and job or informational interview preparation.
- The best way to approach your networks.
- Continued clarity on your career path.
Limited to 6-8 women only to ensure lots of personalized attention. Your space is confirmed once payment is received. The class is $300 for five weekly sessions plus one hour-long one-to-one session. (You may pay a $150 deposit to reserve your space. The final payment will be due on the first day of class by check.) Register by Wednesday, September 29 and pay $275! For more information and to register click here.
Time and Location: 6:30-8:30 P.M. Convenient downtown DC location (details provided upon registration).
- Wednesday, October 6
- Wednesday, October 13
- Wednesday, October 20
- Wednesday, October 27
- Wednesday, November 3
About Alyssa Best: Alyssa helps people identify their dream careers and provides them with the tools to achieve their goals. As a career consultant, trainer, and speaker, she offers guidance and skills on topics related to career and professional development to build leadership for social change. She has mentored and worked with women at Wider Opportunities for Women, Center for Progressive Leadership, and the Institute for Women’s Leadership at Rutgers University. Her writing on career issues appears on her new blog which she shares with like-minded colleagues called LYJ – Love Your Job, Love Your Life (http://lyjnow.wordpress.com). E-mail Alyssa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Alyssa’s LYJ Search seminar gave me a lot of insight into what kind of job I want and how to talk to others more effectively about what I have to offer. I felt like it challenged me to work on myself and focus on what I’m really looking for. I would recommend this career workshop to anyone who is looking for a job or changing their career path.” –A., LYJ Search Alumna
“LYJ Search helped inspire me when I felt as though I was hitting a wall in my job search. Alyssa guided us through useful discussions and exercises, which allowed me to believe more fully in myself and my potential. I feel more confident in my abilities to form relationships with people in my field, utilize my constantly expanding networks, and submit a strong application. Alyssa is a positive and helpful coach who was able to adapt the seminar to the specific needs of the participants and I’m thankful to her for helping me open my eyes to the many opportunities that present themselves on a daily basis. I highly recommend this seminar to anyone who will ever search for a job.” –P., LYJ Search Alumna
“Alyssa was fabulous to work with! LYJ Search was an inviting environment where I was able to really focus on what I want in a career. While the workshop covered all aspects of job searching, Alyssa was open to adjustments based on our needs. Alyssa helped me remain positive and she provided fresh ideas for today’s job seeker.” –Carrie, LYJ Search Alumna
“Through Alyssa’s connections, coaching and confidence in me, I found my first Washington job within two weeks of moving to DC after my internship. Alyssa’s openness and career advice are of so much value in a city where you need allies to help you succeed. She takes a vested interest in everyone she mentors and is always on the lookout for job openings and possibilities. When a colleague sent her a private job announcement and asked for referrals of qualified and trusted candidates, Alyssa immediately knew it fit my interests and forwarded the announcement.” –Ashley